Friday, September 27, 2013

Instagram YA Book Club

Alright, everyone! For those of you who don't know, the amazingly talented Julie Murphy (@andimjulie) started a YA book club on Instagram a few months back. It goes like this:

(Original post by Julie on her IG feed)

So as it is, I loved this idea so much that every month I'd ask Julie: "What are we reading next? Have we voted yet? IGYABC needs a book for next month!" It got to the point where Julie finally said, "Hey, lady. You seem really excited about this and I haven't been able to give it the attention it needs. Interested in taking over?"

It's not word-for-word, but that's basically the gist. I don't know if you know this, but Julie is not only working a full time job, she is also prepping for the release of her YA debut: SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY, and just sold her second book: DUMPLIN'. So as you can see she's been incredibly busy, and not just that, but she loves IGYABC so much, that she didn't want to see it fall behind as she focuses on her writing. I, of course, jumped at the chance to take over the book club while she's away, and I'm thrilled to have you guys vote for the October pick in light of one of the best holidays ever––HALLOWEEN!

So help me keep Julie's awesome creation alive by voting for the next #igyabc title, and be sure to share it with everyone you know while using the hashtag! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram in order to keep up with all the fun and to have your chance to vote each month. Cheers!



0 secret replies:

Post a Comment