So just for funsies, I put together this super serious* list of must-have things you need before you begin your NaNo-ing.
*lol yeah right
2. A Word-Goal Cheerleader. Here's a picture of mine. Make sure this cheerleader is super supportive of you and your NaNo goals. Or a cheerleader who just gives lots of cuddles. You know, whichever.
3. Organizational tools. Are you a multi-hilighter/rainbow tabs/sticky note kind of person? These are perfect planning tools for NaNo. And if you're a pantser, that's okay too. We can write each other pretty notes with our multiple colored gel pens.
4. Music. Put your favorite jams on to get you in the writing mood. Pandora is my weapon of choice, always.
5. SNACKS. Don't go hungry mid-writing sprint. Stock up on those munchies!
6. Computer charger. Do you know how annoying it is to sit down, get comfortable and halfway through a GOOD part in your story realize that your battery is at 9% and OMG where the *$%@ is your charger? From someone who does this almost weekly, it's highly annoying. Keep that charger near you at all times.
8. THIS. Because who has time to get up and pee when you're in the zone, man?
What are your NaNoWriMo must-haves? Feel free to share in the comments! And to all you NaNo-ers, good luck!
Oh and PS, here's a round up of all our NaNoWriMo posts this month:
You can also find her on Twitter @: https://www.twitter.com/farrahwrites
Drop her an email @: firstname.lastname@example.org
And visit her blog at: http://www.farrahpenn.com